The INTERNATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE OF THE INTERNATIONAL LABOUR ORGANIZATION (The Centre) is the training arm of the ILO, a specialized institution of the United Nations.
It provides training and related services that develop human resources and institutional capabilities thereby contributing to achieve the ILO's goal of decent work for women and men to obtain decent and productive work in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity.
In 2015, some 430 learning activities were delivered to 12,500 participants coming from 193 different countries.
For additional information about the Centre, please visit:
The International Training Centre of the ILO, with the aim of strengthening a roster of successful Candidates able to provide, on call, temporary administrative/secretarial assistance to cover short-term staffing needs, has commissioned PRAXI to search
TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE/SECRETARIAL ASSISTANTS
The selected Candidates will be responsible for the following main activities;
- Provide general office and secretarial support, in particular for the implementation of courses and projects;
- provide typing and editing of correspondence and documents, training material, compile and assemble a variety of information;
- up-date databases, extract information and prepare standard reports;
- draft communications, either on own initiative or on instruction from team members;
- prepare administrative requests or documents in relation to missions, visits and meetings;
- provide liaison between resource persons, participants and the Centre's services during training activities;
- liaise with the appropriate Units for budgetary and financial follow-up of training activities;
- ensure logistics and other arrangements are made for classroom activities, long distance contacts, travel, local visits and study tours;
- ensure conformity with commonly used administrative rules and procedures.
The ideal Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Secondary education attested by a diploma;
- At least one year of work experience; experience in organizing events will be considered an asset;
- Proficiency (Very good writing, reading, speaking and listening skills) in English and Italian and good knowledge of either French or Spanish, (official languages). Knowledge of either Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian (working languages) will be considered an asset;
- Proven capacity to use computerised office tools (especially MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook; capacity to use ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning) and other data management systems will be an asset;
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively as a member of a team and with a minimum of supervision;
- Tact, discretion and courtesy in dealing with staff and visitors;
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, capacity to manage multiple tasks and cope with peak periods of work.
- Sensitivity to diversity;
- Leave permanently in Italy;
- be resident in Turin;
- be available to short-term contracts of less than one year.
The workplace will be located at the Centre's premises.
Contracts that the Centre may offer to Candidates shall be for specific periods of less than one year.
To apply for the position, please provide the following documents:
- a Curriculum Vitae in the Europass standard, dated and signed with authorization to process your personal data, clearly indicating all the foreign languages you know and the knowledge level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR);
- a typed motivation letter of no more than one page, indicating your name and last name, explaining why you would be interested in the position;
- any certifications attesting the level of knowledge of foreign languages and computer skills (ECDL);
- a reference list with contact details.
Applications shall be made in English and in Word or PDF format.
Applications not respecting the above indicated requirements will not be taken into consideration.
The preselection process will be managed by PRAXI S.p.A.
The Centre and PRAXI are committed to equal opportunities in their respective selection and contracting process.